Starting your non-military service
You can see starting dates and the current situation of training periods in Omasivari.
- You can choose the training period that suits you best through Omasivari.
- Check that all your contact information is up to date. Correct or complete as needed.
You can also send your batch request by email or mail. Write in a free-form message:
- your batch request,
- your name, date of birth, address, and telephone number.
Send your batch request:
- via secure link, or
- by e – mail email@example.com, or
- by mail to Siviilipalveluskeskus, Latokartanontie 97, 09810 Ingermaninkylä
Monitor your post that you will not miss the entry order and the notification of its arrival to your post office. Your place in a chosen batch will be confirmed after you pick up the entry order. You must pick up the entry order personally from your post office within two weeks.
About a month before your training period starts:
- You will receive more detailed information by e-mail on how to complete your training period
- Follow the instructions in Omasivari and select a training group
- Check all your contact details and add your bank account number for the payments of daily allowances.
If you have sent an application for exemption or deferment and it has not been confirmed before the start of your service time, it is not a legal impediment for not to enter the service. You should contact Non-military Service Centre if you have applied for exemption or deferment and are unsure of your situation. Non-military Service Centre will make a search warrant for the police if you do not arrive, and you have no legal impediment to your absence.
After the training period non-military service continues in service position.
You can find vacancies, for example, from Open places for work service.