Transferring to military service
Transferring to military service can be done
- when you are non-military servant, but you do not want to perform your service as non-military service.
- you can apply once, before you start your non-military service.
You cannot apply for transfer:
- if you have already started your non-military service or
- after the year in which you reach the age of 28 or
- you have applied for transfer before
- Apply for transfer before you start your non-military service.
- Fill up the application and write a free-form message:
- your name, date of birth, address
- your desire to enlist in the armed forces
- I hope my place of service (troops) will be ………
- I hope my starting date (arrival batch) will be ……
- if you wish, you can justify your wishes about the place of service and when the service will start.
Send your application:
- through our security message, or
- by e – mail: email@example.com or
- with a letter to: Non-military Service Centre, Latokartanontie 97, 07810 Ingermaninkylä
- Non-military Service Centre will process your application.
- Processing takes about a week.
- Acceptance of your application will be notified by letter.
- Non-military Service Centre sends your information to the regional office.
- When you have received the transfer decision, you can contact the Regional Office of Defence Forces in matters related to your military service.