Transferring to military service
You can apply for transfer to military service
- When you are registered as a non-military service person, but you do not want to perform your service as a non-military service.
- You can apply the transfer once before you start your non-military service.
You cannot apply for transfer to military service
- If you have already started your non-military service
- After the year in which you reach the age of 28
- You have applied for transfer before.
Make an application in Omasivari
- You can fill out your application on “Applications” page.
- Always remember to check your own contact information.
- Select “New application”.
- Select the type of application.
- After selection, you can fill out the application.
- The application can be saved as incomplete for later processing or sent to Non-military Service Centre for processing.
- Non-military Service Centre will process your application.
- Processing takes about a week.
- Acceptance of your application will be notified by letter.
- Non-military Service Centre sends your information to the regional office.
- When you have received the transfer decision, you can contact the Regional Office of Defence Forces in matters related to your military service.
If making an application through Omasivari is not successful
Apply for transfer before you start your non-military service.
- Fill up the application (the form is in Finnish) and write a free-form message:
- Your name, date of birth, address
- Your desire to enlist in the armed forces. I
- hope my place of service (troops) will be ………
- I hope my starting date (arrival batch) will be ……
- If you wish, you can justify your wishes about the place of service and when the service will start.
Send your application:
- by secure link or
- by email: email@example.com or
- by post: Non-military Service Centre, Latokartanontie 97, 07810 Ingermaninkylä