Transferring to military service

You can apply for transfer to military service

  • When you are registered as a non-military service person, but you do not want to perform your service as a non-military service.
  • You can apply the transfer once before you start your non-military service.

You cannot apply for transfer to military service

  • If you have already started your non-military service
  • After the year in which you reach the age of 28
  • You have applied for transfer before.

Make an application in Omasivari

  • You can fill out your application on “Applications” page.
  • Always remember to check your own contact information.
  • Select “New application”.
  • Select the type of application.
  • After selection, you can fill out the application.
  • The application can be saved as incomplete for later processing or sent to Non-military Service Centre for processing.

Application process

  • Non-military Service Centre will process your application.
  • Processing takes about a week.
  • Acceptance of your application will be notified by letter.
  • Non-military Service Centre sends your information to the regional office.
  • When you have received the transfer decision, you can contact the Regional Office of Defence Forces in matters related to your military service.

Regional Offices of Defence Forces (

If making an application through Omasivari is not successful

Apply for transfer before you start your non-military service.


  • Fill up the application (the form is in Finnish) and write a free-form message:
    • Your name, date of birth, address
    • Your desire to enlist in the armed forces. I
    • hope my place of service (troops) will be ………
    • I hope my starting date (arrival batch) will be ……
    • If you wish, you can justify your wishes about the place of service and when the service will start.

Send your application:

  • by secure link or
  • by email: or
  • by post: Non-military Service Centre, Latokartanontie 97, 07810 Ingermaninkylä

 secure link