Making the contract
Making the commitment contract
Service location must have an up-to-date agreement on how to operate as a service location and the codes for Sivariweb.
Once the service location has decided to take you into the work service:
- You agreed to start and complete the work service.
- Your service location fulfils and signs the commitment contract in Sivariweb.
- The commitment contract will then be signed and reviewed by you in Omasivari.
- Information about the commitment contract is transferred to Non-military Service Centre.
A commitment is a contract of performing work service at service location and it is always necessary.
Non-military Service Centre orders servant to the work service based on a commitment contract.
You agree with your service location on the following:
- starting date of your work service
- main tasks
- payment schedule
- business trips
- health care
- During your service you are entitled to receive medical treatment at the expense of your service location.
- You must have a sick leave note for each day of illness.
- Your service location will point out the health care place which you can use when needed.
Criminal record extract
- If your works tasks include working with children, you need to have a criminal record extract before you can be ordered to work service.
- Do not order the criminal record extract before your training period. You will get instructions how to order it during your training period.
- You cannot start your work service until the criminal record extract has been inspected by Non-military Service Centre.
- A security clearance is carried out on employees selected for positions important to the state’s security or a very significant private interest. If necessary, a security clearance for the completion of the work service is ordered by the service location.
Change of residence
- Change of residence must always be agreed in advance with the service location.
- If you rent a new apartment, you must discuss of the guaranteed rent and the maximum amount of rent with your service location in advance.
- Please note if your service location does not point your accommodation to the new address, receiving applied military allowance from Kela is not certain in this situation.
- The service location updates your new address information to the commitment contract.
- Change in commitment contract is signed/approved by the service location in Sivariweb and servant signs/approves it in Omasivari.
After making the commitment
- When service location and you have confirmed the commitment contract, it will be inspected and accepted by Non-military Service Centre.
- After that Non-military Service Centre makes the work order which you can see in Omasivari.
- You cannot start your work service before Non-military Service Centre has done the work order.
LINK: ”How you sign the commiment contract in Omasivari” (In Finnish)
- Non-military Service Centre inspects the commitment contract as soon as possible after you and the service location have sign it.
- Non-military Service Centre does the work order according to the commitment contract before your work service will begin.
Instructions for transferring the service location
- You can change your service location during your service time.
- Inform your service location in time that you are going to change your service location, so that they have time to find someone else to replace you.
- Make a commitment contract with your new service location.
- Your old service location gives consent to the transfer electronically in Sivariweb.
- New commitment contract comes to Non-military Service Centre for acceptance.
- You will receive a transfer decision from Non-military Service Centre, after which you can start at the new service location.
When using Omasivari, you should use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as the browser.