Refusal of service

Refusal of service


Refusal of service must be done in writing and send to the Non-military Service Centre.


Write in the free form notice of refusal:

  • your name
  • your date of birth
  • your address
  • your message


Send a notice of refusal:


How the notice will be processed:

  • Non-military Service centre will call you within about two weeks of receiving the refusal (during holidays, the processing time can be about one month). You will receive information on how your case is progressing.
  • Non-military Service Centre files a criminal report.


The legal process starts and continues:

  • Your case will be transferred to police for investigation.
  • Police will transfer your case to the prosecutor.
  • Court decision
  • Execution of the sentence


According to § 74 of the Civil Service Act, a person who refuses to serve is sentenced to imprisonment for a period equal to half of his remaining service time.

The service obligation of a person convicted of the crime of non-military service continues, provided that the completion of the service obligation is required, also after the end of the year in which the person liable for civil service has reached the age of 30. Civil Service Act § 75